Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Joules ...... for the calorie conscious




The above three images that you see are the logo options for Joules. Joules is the name of the restaurant that I intend to start along with couple of my partners. Unlike Hyderabad House, this one going to serve calorie conscious diet. It would have everything on its menu starting from Soups/Starters to Main course/Combo meals to Desserts, but all these items would be made with low calorie ingredients.

I would actually like to float a brand, not just a singular restaurant. The idea is my brain child, ever since I grew calorie conscious, I asked my servant maid to prepare "Jowariki Roti" for me and that is what I eat everyday, both for lunch and dinner. Roti made with whole Jowar hardly gives you any calories and contains lot of fiber which is good for health. One day, I casually asked her if she would like to work in a restaurant making rotis and that is how the idea to start a restaurant evolved which finally developed into floating a brand.

Joules will have everything comparable to best international food brands that you could think of. A philosophy, logo, tag line, branding, good interiors, equipment, ambience, franchising etc. The menu would be a book which would talk about the philosophy of calorie conscious food and why it is required, choosing foods, the calories of which you are sure of, basically counting the calories that you are eating. Against each menu item, we would mention the ingredients used and the style in which it has been cooked in addition to calorie information. Thus it goes on.

To start with, the menu is getting designed and simultaneously we have requested one of our friends to design some logos for us, he gave us the options that you see on this blog. I have designed three captions for Joules and they have been summed up here. Please go through them and suggest any new captions or improvisations upon the existing ones. Also, please go through the logo options and let me know which one you like the best and why.

The captions are...

"for the calorie conscious"
"What’s your calorie intake today?"
"calorie consciousness......... the tasty way"

I will await your comments on the concept, logos and the captions.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the second logo...cos the first one reminds me of some ice cream company's logo and the third doesnt look like food / restaurant related.

Caption...How Calorie Conscious are U?

just my thoughts.....Deepthi

 
At Sunday, July 26, 2009 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ravi...were you working with GENPACT before (CBSI process) ?? If so..please mail me at jsm3497@hotmail.com..
thanks
J. Subramanyam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home