Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Suitable Groom




The second picture you see is that of my sister in law, Zareena Begum. She was here in Hyderabad with us for the past couple of days for two reasons. One is to write her post graduation examinations and two is to meet a young man for marriage purpose.

The first picture that you see is that of the young man, Mr. Mastan Shaik, probable groom of Zareena. I am seriously contemplating to change the name of this gentleman. Muslims have that option of changing the name of the bride and the groom at the time of marriage; incidentally I had to change my name at the time of marrying my wife in the Islam style to Warris Jahangir Khan. If things work out well, this would be the first and the last alliance we would be looking for Zareena.

Mastan has finished his masters in Microbiology and is employed with a pharmaceutical company in Hyderabad in the Quality Control Department. He is a handsome man with very pleasing manners. He spent the last Sunday evening with us. Couple of things that interested me about this guy is his clear vision as to what he wants to do and secondly, his un inhibitive style of telling that he is interested in this marriage and requesting me and my wife to work towards it. Although we don't have any problem as far as the candidate is concerned, the trouble seems to be at the monetary end. Apparently, the groom's parent’s expectations are beyond my reach, while discussions are on and are taking positive turn in this front, I am keeping my fingers crossed until I meet the groom's parents on January 08 2006. Should everything work well, we would marry off Zareena in the month April.

Looks like my dream of posting pictures on a daily basis in my blog has almost come true. The pictures that you see have been taken with my new Nokia 6670.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 28, 2005 6:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Its Ok, u r able to post pictures on daily basis with ur Cell camera, but please choose better backgrounds while u shoot people, especially other than Toilet doors and Dust bins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home