Friday, January 20, 2006

My New Work Place

I have a feeling of reunion while I write this blog. It is quite sometime since I updated my blog, the reason is I have been quite busy with work at my new office, Aegis.

At Aegis, I head the Quality and Data Analytics functions for their Hyderabad center. The first couple of days have been filled with download and introduction meetings. The second week of work started with preparation of roadmap for our functions for 2006, presenting it to my boss and then getting his buy in.

I was told I would be given a laptop, but so far I have been working on an old and dumb Dell machine. Thank God, there is no BS7799 here, I have downloaded Yahoo Messenger and I am online all through my work time.

As a first step toward Quality, we have embarked on the process of doing BPMS for all operations and support functions. BPMS is Business Process Management System, which includes activities like, identifying CTQs and CTPs, an L3/L4 process map, documentation, Data collection Plan, Standard Operating Procedures, FMEA etc. I am currently looking out to hire three people. An Assistant Manager - Quality and two Data Analysts. If you have any references please let me know.

Apparently there is some problem with the Java setting on this browser I am unable to view all the options that I generally see. Will have to call the helpdesk. I will catch up with you later, until then you have some nice time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home