Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Training

I had to attend a scheduled training of "Internal auditors training program for BS7799" in the morning and that is the reason I couldn't update the blog. BS7799 is an Information System Security Policy based quality standard. The biggest threat to BPO industry today is information security and looks like BS7799 answers the vows of the clients and the industry in this regard.
Some trainers have the ability to make you loose track of the time, while others can make you swiftly drift into a nap. It is very hard to come across good trainers and of all the training programs that I attended, I probably can count on my fingers the number of trainers who I felt were amazing.
I will narrate one incident that has happened in one of the training programs that I attended. We were attending this fire safety training program and this trainer had good sense of humour. He was explaining us the priority or order in which people should be evacuated incase of fire in our office building. The order is pregnant women, senior citizens, physically challenged. Suddenly one of the attendees asked, "Shouldn't the mentally challenged be given preference while evacuating the office building in case of fire?" The trainer didn't even pause for a moment before saying, "If you employ such people here, then they should be given preference."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home