Friday, November 11, 2005

Indian Great Canyon


Couple of weeks ago, I have sent a mail about a place called “Gandikota” in Andhra Pradesh to many of my friends who are there in my email distribution list. My cousin Pavan who is an architect by profession is doing a project for Department of Archeology and has shot over 600 pictures of this place. Couple of these pictures are posted here. Some of the intended recipients of that mail couldn’t receive it because the mail was above 1 M.B.

Gandikota is situated in Cudapah district of Andhra Pradesh and is around 400 Kms. drive from Hyderabad. The beauty of this place is the canyon that you see in the pictures. Just in case you are planning to visit the place, accomodation facilities are available in Jammalamadugu and secondly also visit "Belam caves" in Kurnool.

The first picture of the two contains dark brown spots in it, can someone guess what they are? Cattle! If cattle would look like dots, just imagine the depth and width of the canyon. I just wonder why the government doesn't promote these places of tourist interest.

I have a series of 12 pictures of this place and if someone wants to have a look at them please email me at ravi.yedavalli@gmail.com. (Please remember that your email server should be capable of delivering mails that are more than 1 M.B.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home